Leaders call claims of party dissolution ‘false narrative’

RGP leaders addressed a press conference on Sunday.
PANAJI
The Revolutionary Goans Party (RGP) on Sunday finally addressed the ongoing internal conflict within the organisation, as tensions deepen between party president Manoj Parab and lone MLA Viresh Borkar. The leadership dismissed speculation that the party is facing a split or being dissolved.
At a press conference in Panaji, Parab said the party, built through “hard work and sacrifice”, would not be allowed to fall into the hands of “cowards and hired agents” aligned with Borkar.
The briefing was held at the party office in the evening, with Parab joined by treasurer Ajay Kholkar, general secretary Vishvesh Naik, and other leaders. Earlier in the day, the core executive committee met amid growing talk of a possible split and rising factional tensions.
Kholkar said Borkar had been issued multiple notices but had not responded or attended meetings. He added that the notices were linked to Borkar’s association with Julius Almeida, who himself had received a show-cause notice for alleged anti-party activities.
Parab made stronger allegations, claiming Borkar had held secret meetings in Margao to plan a takeover of the party. He also alleged that Borkar was taking advice from Aditya Desai, whom he accused of running fake social media accounts.
“If you want to take over the party, come to the office and do it properly,” Parab said, accusing Borkar of acting in coordination with others to weaken the organisation.
He said attempts were being made to create differences between him and Borkar, but insisted he would not allow the party to be taken over. Parab also claimed he had even broken down emotionally over the situation.
Warning against indiscipline, he said anti-party activities would not be tolerated and action would be taken without hesitation.
Responding to claims made by some members, including founding members, that the executive committee had moved a proposal to dissolve the party, Parab denied the allegations outright. He said only a small number of individuals had faced disciplinary action.
“There is no question of dissolving the party. That is a false narrative. There are attempts to capture it,” he said.
Sunday’s response from the RGP leadership has once again highlighted the widening rift between Parab and Borkar, leaving the future unity of Goa’s youngest recognised political party uncertain.