VASCO
Cortalim MLA Alina Saldanha on Tuesday morning said that her commitment towards the cause of opposing doubling of railway track won’t be compromised at any point in time and that she was with the people in south who are most affected by the project.
Speaking to reporters in Cortalim, Saldanha said that due to some medical reasons she had to rush to a doctor on the day when there was voting on the three linear projects in the Assembly.
Saldanha reiterated that her stand on double-tracking will remain unchanged and she will continue to oppose it.
“I had gone to see a doctor as I wasn’t feeling well and by the time I came back, the voting had already happened. Whether I voted or not does not make any difference to my commitment to the cause,” Saldanha said.
“It is my cause and nothing will take me away from it. If I am here today it is because people have put me here to work for them and have elected me and the Government. The Government of the people, by the people and for the people has to pay attention because the power of people is supreme in a democracy.”
