MONDAY, 24 AUGUST 2026
Ticker

Those quizzing me on track-doubling were seeking publicity: Nuvem MLA

VASCO
Nuvem MLA Wilfred D’Sa on Tuesday morning said that there was no issue with the Railways and losing of land for double-tracking in the Nuvem constituency. 

D’Sa, who was speaking to reporters at Kesarval, added that a few people who had recently approached him to question his absence in the Assembly during the voting on linear projects had only been seeking publicity out of the issue. 

“Most of the concerns in our constituency are related only to coal because the railway line passes through Utorda and Majorda areas. But the double-tracking has already happened in most of the areas and there has been no issue of anyone losing land as of now,” he said. 

“The land was acquired 20 years ago and there is no issue of anyone losing land for the project. No one has approached me to date with a complaint that they are losing land for the project,” he said and added, “Long ago there were some people who approached me saying they were losing their compound walls for double-tracking. I called the Railways to meet the people who said that there was no need for an inspection and let things remain the way they are. There is no issue for the Railways in my constituency,” D’Sa stated. 

“There have been some people who came to meet me without prior appointment and questioned me on my absence during the voting on linear projects in the Assembly. I explained to them that once a whip is signed, we have to stay with the party and support it and they understood it. Most of them did not know what a whip meant. Some who knew about the whip had also come and were trying to seek some publicity from the issue,” said D’Sa. 

“They had earlier come and submitted a memorandum to me on the linear projects and I submitted the same to the CM who gave an assurance in the Assembly. But there are a few who despite all these are looking for publicity. They had come without an appointment and brought reporters,” he said.   

If they wanted to tell me something, they can come directly and don’t require the press for that, he added.  

“There are a lot of groups who are concerned about coal and they know that I have submitted a memorandum to the government 

and conveyed their opposition. There are a few who want to gain mileage and publicity through the issue,” D’Sa said.  


SHARE ON

Will take law in our hands: Chandor, Guirdolim villagers

THE GOAN NETWORK
Published Feb 3, 2021, 12:10 AM IST
SHARE ON
Will take law in our hands: Chandor, Guirdolim villagers

MARGAOExasperated over the ongoing work executed by the Railways by filling up the water bodies and damaging a sluice gate, local villagers of Guirdolim and Chandor have warned that they will be left with no option but to take the law in their hands.Locals warned that the railway officials will be sadly mistaken if they think they can indulge in illegalities and get away with it by invoking the Railway Act.While Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd General Manager S B Sahoo repeatedly…

READ MORE

Keep Reading — More from GOA NEWS

2 more related stories queued · tap to continue reading

Home HOME News GOA NEWS Global GLOBAL GOENKAR Search SEARCH